Sunday, April 22, 2007

Death Whispered A Lullaby

There are times when old memories gnaw a deep hole,
Needle and pins become reflections of my soul,
Sunset streaks the horizon like a funeral fire in the sky,
Stars twinkling above become embers that glow and die,
A mask of serenity painted on his face he lay in the cold shroud of death,
Arms folded across the chest bravely embracing his destiny he slept,
A pain sweeps across my being and all I see is a deep dark schism,
Our togetherness shattered by death like a beam of light through a prism,
Farewell old friend you were a kind soul like no other,
Tears fill my eyes and all I can say is - See you in another life brother..

4 comments:

Shweta Raghavan said...

"...Stars twinkling above become embers that glow and die,
A mask of serenity painted on his face he lay in the cold shroud of death..." These lines are touching. Expressions and emotions well emoted...I love the last line very much. May your friend's soul rest in peace. Wherever he is he would smiling down upon you.

nivedita said...

Very thoughtful! v touching...........

Yearning to Learn the Wolrd said...

Gaurav this is such a beautiful and touching piece, it moved my soul.....I am so sorry for your brother of a freind may His soul continue to "Bravely embrace (his) destiny".....

cute n confused said...

:)
such is life dearies...