Friday, August 22, 2008

The Tempest


Alone and vulnerable I sit in my dark world,
A tempest of emotions in self loathing I swirl,
Searching for a rhyme a reason to smile,
To feel happy and loved if only for a little while,
Serendipity cleaves my life with its axe of sorrow,
One amongst my kin yet bitter and hollow,
As empty as a gloomy shadow blocking out the sun,
Each step taken in screaming agony, my shadow weighs a ton,
They say a glimpse of the end brings clarity to one's means,
Helps put life in perspective and account for all your sins,
But how does one account for the vagaries of fate,
To see no ace of spades once our cards have been dealt,
I want to feel happy and loved if only for a little while..
Searching the world for a rhyme and a reason to smile..

4 comments:

Unknown said...

splendid!!!!

The Ink in My Veins... said...

"But how does one account for the vagaries of fate,
To see no ace of spades once our cards have been dealt,"

^ my fav lines... :)

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

you have quite a talent there!

see if this interests you
www.dorothyprizes.org

cute n confused said...

2 surprises here:
1. ur good, really good. :P
2.mulling over my toughts, here. small world :D